Margiai: Hotels and Accommodation
Those wishing to book a hotel in Margiai can then continue their accommodation search. In the vicinity of Margiai, the Žiemgala Museum is located in Žeimelis; in 1993, it moved into a restored historic small tavern in the town centre. The museum has more than 6,000 exhibits and hosts educational activities and exhibitions.
Culture
The Museum of the Semigallians in Žeimelis, in the vicinity of Margiai, houses archaeological, ethnographic and historical collections relating to the history of the Semigallian region. In the same vicinity, the Church of Saints Peter and Paul was built in 1828 and rebuilt in 1928.
The Evangelical Lutheran Church of Žeimelis, in the vicinity of Margiai, dates from 1793; its tower and sacristy date from 1890. A vicarage, an outbuilding and a well have also been preserved.
In the vicinity of Margiai are the remains of the Žeimelis hillfort, which date from the 1st millennium to the 13th century. The Žeimelis hillfort has an irregularly shaped plateau measuring 60 × 100 metres. Also near Žeimelis is a cemetery attributed to the Semigallians, dating from the 6th to the 13th century; its grave goods included weapons, tools and jewellery.
Routes
Margiai is marked on the official visitor map of Pakruojis District. The official visitor map also lists the Žemaitija–Aukštaitija route among the district’s tourist routes. The Semigallian Route in the vicinity of Margiai can be visited independently or with a booked guide.
According to the route information, the Žiemgala Route can be continued from the vicinity of Margiai to Latvia, Bauska and Rundāle Palace; according to the route information, Žeimelis is 17 kilometres from Rundāle.
Surroundings
The Church of Saint Aloysius Gonzaga in Lauksodis, in the vicinity of Margiai, is located near the road between Linkuva and Žeimelis. In Žeimelis, in the same vicinity, a square-shaped square is located at the intersection of the four main roads.
In the village of Steigviliai, in the vicinity of Margiai, there is a windmill, a lake, and various old brick and wooden houses. Steigviliai is described as a former royal village; a visit to regional researcher Aleksas Pasuskevicius is possible by prior appointment.
The northern and eastern boundaries of the former Geručiai manor estate, in the vicinity of Margiai, are marked by defensive structures. The farmstead complex in Striukai, in the vicinity of Margiai, houses a museum of rural life as well as an exhibition of Soviet technology.
Other local pages: Pakruojis, Jurgaičiai, Gaugariai, Šiauliai, Meškuičiai, Bubiai, Joniškis, Šiaulių kaimiškoji seniūnija
For the higher-level travel overview: Šiauliai District.
Check prices, availability and amenities for your travel dates directly on Booking.com.
View accommodation and offersAdvertisement · Affiliate link to Booking.com